Lipari to Milazzo Ferry

The Lipari Milazzo ferry route connects Aeolian Islands with Sicily. Currently there is just the 1 ferry company operating this ferry service, Liberty Lines Fast Ferries. The crossing operates up to 16 times each day with sailing durations from around 45 minutes.

Lipari Milazzo sailing durations and frequency may vary from season to season so we’d advise doing a live check to get the most up to date information.

Lipari - Milazzo Ferry Operators

  • Liberty Lines Fast Ferries
    • 16 Sailings Daily 45 min
    • Get price

Average Lipari Milazzo Prices

Prices shown represent the average one way price paid by our customers. The most common booking on the Lipari Milazzo route is a car and 1 passenger.

Lipari Guide

The Italian island of Lipari is the largest of the Aeolian Islands and lies in the Tyrrhenian Sea, off the northern coast of Sicily. The island is located between Vesuvius and Etna and is around 30 km from Sicily. Lipari is a relatively small island, measuring just under 40 sq. km, with one main town, also called Lipari, and 4 other villages: Pianoconte, Quattropani, Acquacalda and Canneto. Lipari Town is a lovely place to take a stroll and has a number of elegant town houses, along with some more modest houses, with flower strewn balconies set along pretty little streets. The island's inhabitants are very welcoming to visitors and tend to have a cheery disposition. There are many souvenir shops on the island and a good selection of cafe's and restaurants serving good, local food and drink. There are traces of the island's history throughout the island with Greek tombs that lie open to the sky. However, perhaps the most impressive visitor attraction on the island is its castle.

Lipari is the most practical base for visiting the Aeolian Islands. Fast ferry connections from Sicily all stop here, and there are plenty of boats and hydrofoils to the other islands.

Milazzo Guide

The Italian town of Milazzo lies on the north east coast of Sicily, to the west of the city of Messina, and is known for its historic village and lovely beaches. There is a fortified citadel and medieval quarters located in the Old Town where many religious buildings can also be found. A popular attraction in the Old Town is the Shrine of St. Francesco di Paola which dates back to the 18th century and was constructed on the site of a former church that dated back to the 15th century. The Shrine's facade has a curvilinear staircase with windows and galleries above the doorway. Inside the Shrine is the Chapel of Jesus and Mary where there is an altar that is decorated with carved and gilded wood and at the centre of which is the 'Madonna and Child' painted by Domenico Gagini (1420-1492).

The newer parts of Milazzo are in the lower town and is largely of 18th century construction. The lower town's centre is the Piazza Caio Duillo, which has to its west the Palazzo Marchese Proto and the facade of the Chiesa del Carmine to the east.