Ferries from 3325 routes and 764 ports worldwide
Trusted by over 2.5 million customers
We arrange over 1.2 million ferry crossings / year
We check up to 1 million prices for our customers daily
The Lavrio Kavala ferry route connects Athens with Greece. Currently there is just the 1 ferry company operating this ferry service, Hellenic Seaways. The crossing operates up to 4 times each week with sailing durations from around 14 hours.
Lavrio Kavala sailing durations and frequency may vary from season to season so we’d advise doing a live check to get the most up to date information.
The Greek town of Lavrio, or Laurium as it is sometimes called, is in the Attica region in the south east of the country. The town is situated around 60 km to the south east of Athens, the capital of Greece, and to the north of Cape Sounio. With a long history in mining for silver, the town was at one time a major source of income for the State. The town's seaport is a suburb of Athens but is of lesser importance than the port of Piraeus. The town's residential area is laid out in a grid system with port at the town's heart. It is now connected to the new Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport and the Attiki Odos highway. The nearest towns are Sounion and Keratea.
The port of Lavrio is home to many passenger ferry services, yachts, commercial boats and fishing vessels. because of its location, ferries departing the port have a shorter crossing time to the islands in the Cyclades and the eastern Aegean islands which makes it more convenient than other nearby ports. From Lavrio a ferry can be taken to Kea (Tzia), Kythnos, Syros, Mykonos, Paros, Naxos, Ios, Sikinos, Folegandros, Kimolos, Milos, Amorgos, Kythnos, Tinos and Andros.
The Greek city of Kavala is the capital and main port of the Kavala region and is built on the slopes of Mount Symvolo, and is regarded as one of the most picturesque cities in Greece. By analysing the archaeological artefacts found, the city is able to trace its history back to Prehistoric times. The city's original centre was restricted to the Panayia district which has been inhabited since the 7th century BC. At the beginning of the 16th century the city expanded and managed to maintain its new borders until 1870 although the city as can be seen today only really began to form after 1928.
The cities fortunes were in large part a result of its important location, its port and to its natural defences on the peninsular, on which the old city was built. Wandering around the city visitors will be struck by its neoclassical mansions and large tobacco warehouses which are a physical symbol of the city's recent past. In the “Mecca of tobacco” as Kavala was named in the past, thousands of tobacco workers earned their living.
From the city's port ferries operate to Agios Efstratios, Limnos, Lavrio, Kirikos, Chios, Karlovassi, Psara, Vathi and Mytilene.