Karlovassi - Evdilos is one of our busiest routes - sailings regularly sell out at busy periods
Tip: Don’t wait until it’s too late! Book now to secure your choice of departure time

Why use
Direct Ferries?

Ferries from 3325 routes and 764 ports worldwide

Trusted by over 2.5 million customers

We arrange over 1.2 million ferry crossings / year

We check up to 1 million prices for our customers daily

Karlovassi to Evdilos Ferry Alternatives

For more information, please visit our Ferries from Samos to Ikaria page.

Onboard the ferries

Karlovassi - Evdilos Ferry Operators

    • 6 Sailings Weekly 1 hour 5 min
    • Get Price
    • 2 Sailings Weekly 1 hour 25 min
    • Get Price

Karlovassi Guide

The Greek town of Karlovassi is located on the island of Samos which lies in the North Aegean Sea. Located on the north side of the island, the town has a long history in business and culture. In fact, the town was well known for its tannery and tobacco manufacturing up until the early 20th century. The town's Tannery Museum contains displays that shows the town's long history in tannery which dates back to ancient times. Visitors will see in the museum displays showing the tools and methods of leather processing and the location of many tanneries on the island during the 20th century. For visitors interested in architecture, the town has many neoclassical mansions which can be seen along with the remains of the large stone factories at the "Ormos" seaside.

From the town's port there are many ferry services operating to other islands and also to the Greek mainland. Destinations include Piraeus, Chios, Fournoi, Agios Kirikos, Evdilos, Syros and Kavala.


Evdilos Guide

The Greek town of Evdilos is located in the northern part of the island of Ikaria which lies in the north Aegean Sea. The town, which was amphitheatrically, was only built after 1830 following the end of pirate attacks on the island. The town was the island's temporary capital before Agios Kirikos was declared the capital during the second Turkish Occupation between 1834 and 1912. The town's name means 'visible and freely rendered open horizon'. Today, the town is home to the island's second port and is the centre of the northern, central and western parts of the island. Together with the settlements of Arethousa, Dafni, Karavostamo, Manganitis, and Frandato, they form the community of Evdilos with around 2,400 permanent inhabitants.

The island's terrain is characterised by mountains, lovely rivers and spectacular gorges and is popular with hikers. However, the island also has some lovely sandy and pebble beaches some of which are fairly secluded that are difficult to access, even by car. There is certainly something for everyone on the island.