Grandi Navi Veloci reviews
Read our most recent reviews
View more Grandi Navi Veloci customer reviews by visiting our route or ship pages.
"Some issues, but it worked"
Reviewed 13 April 2014 by Paul
- The cabin we got was nice. Large comfortable bed, good bathroom. Really nice.
- The voyage was very smooth and quiet.
- Not much in the way of services. Only one dining place was open at night for a while. Bar never opened. Only a couple of cafe's open in the AM, and none with hot food.
- Ferry was three hours late. It took them five hours to load it, but it only arrived two hours before departure time. The entire loading process was torture. We did not have a car, so once they opened the gate to the pier it was a really long walk, then had to stand in line in a very stiff wind while they checked documents multiple times OUTSIDE. Passports, tickets, again and again until we final got out of the wind.
- Many passengers get the cheapest tickets, which entitles them to a sleeper chair. However. most don't use them. They bring pillows, mattresses, even "army cots" and just set up anywhere they want in the halls and corridors. Camp out on sofas in the lounge. There is no enforcement of areas where people are not supposed to settle in. The would partially block access to elevators, stairs, and doorways. I felt like I was on a refugee steamer whenever I walked out of my cabin. This should not be allowed. They pay for a seat, they should use it.
'Paul' travelled with Grandi Navi Veloci, Tunis Palermo on Fantastic
Reviewed 04 April 2014 by Michael Foot
Took the ferry crossing from civitavecchia to Palermo rather than drive down the coast. Great decision as the crossing was smooth and the double cabin really comfortable. Our only negative was the slow loading and unloading, although this appeared to be a busy crossing. Overall great value for money and we throughly recommend the Fantastic.
'Michael Foot' travelled with Grandi Navi Veloci, Civitavecchia Palermo on Fantastic
"Good....But .....Still Nowhere to Sit Comfortably in Peace and Quiet "
Reviewed 05 March 2014 by John
This is generally an excellent service. This trip was spoilt by two or three relatively small things. There are two lounges with `sleeping seats`..One small..with windows...one lower down (much larger) with NO windows...The ship was quite empty...but the lounge with windows was closed. The lower, larger, lounge has much more ambient noise from the ships engines....and 20 hours is a long time to have to spend there with both the noise and no natural light. Even in the large bar/lounge further forward.. there is constant noise from two differently tuned televisions..in addition to which...on two occasions , some fairly talent-free `ships entertainer` insisted on assaulting our ears with his out of tune karaoke crooning.(NO..the tvs were NOT turned off during this...he just got louder and louder.)
If the price of a cabin bore more resemblance to a night in a 2* hotel (rather than a 4 or 5*)...then I`m sure most of the cabins would be occupied.
'John' travelled with Grandi Navi Veloci, Palermo Genoa on La Superba
Reviewed 10 February 2014 by Ophalvens
your chipments are ok
bad where de passengers sliping iset verry cold ent for me isset not acceptebel the passengers are richt to sliep in confortebel room dou somting about tis for de rest is et al ok for me
'Ophalvens' travelled with Grandi Navi Veloci, Genoa Tunis on Splendid
Reviewed 26 January 2014 by David
The Genoa to Palermo ferry is the cheapest way to reach Sicily from Northern Europe. It takes about 20/21 hours, a very easy trip, not very busy each time we have used it, and takes all the hassle out of the LONG drive. The GNV ferries are quite well appointed, quite comfortable, and all in all, by far the best way to travel.
'David' travelled with Grandi Navi Veloci, Genoa Palermo on La Superba