Ferries from 3325 routes and 764 ports worldwide
Trusted by over 2.5 million customers
We arrange over 1.2 million ferry crossings / year
We check up to 1 million prices for our customers daily
The Rinella Milazzo ferry route connects Aeolian Islands with Sicily and is currently operated by 2 ferry companies. The Liberty Lines Fast Ferries service runs up to 32 times per week with a sailing duration of around 1 hour 40 minutes while the Siremar service runs up to 13 times per week with a duration from 2 hours 45 minutes.
So that’s a combined 45 sailings on offer per week on the Rinella Milazzo route between Aeolian Islands and Sicily. Compare now and get the best fare at the time that you want to travel.
The small village of Rinella is located on the island of Salina, or Santa Marina Salina to give it its full name. Forming one of the Aeolian islands, it is around 140 km to the north east of Palermo and 70 km to the north west of Messina. Known for its caves and black beaches, and its square which was a filming location for the movie "Volcano", Rinella is also home to the island's second port.
The island is divided into three regions/towns. Santa Marina is on the eastern coast, Malfa is to the north and Leni is in the south west of the island. Rinella is located down towards the sea from Leni. Located above the village of Leni is Valdichiesa in the island's centre. Other villages on the island include Capo Faro, Pollara and Lingua.
Ferry services from the small harbour depart to Palermo and Milazzo on the island of Sicily.
The Italian town of Milazzo lies on the north east coast of Sicily, to the west of the city of Messina, and is known for its historic village and lovely beaches. There is a fortified citadel and medieval quarters located in the Old Town where many religious buildings can also be found. A popular attraction in the Old Town is the Shrine of St. Francesco di Paola which dates back to the 18th century and was constructed on the site of a former church that dated back to the 15th century. The Shrine's facade has a curvilinear staircase with windows and galleries above the doorway. Inside the Shrine is the Chapel of Jesus and Mary where there is an altar that is decorated with carved and gilded wood and at the centre of which is the 'Madonna and Child' painted by Domenico Gagini (1420-1492).
The newer parts of Milazzo are in the lower town and is largely of 18th century construction. The lower town's centre is the Piazza Caio Duillo, which has to its west the Palazzo Marchese Proto and the facade of the Chiesa del Carmine to the east.