Ferries from 3325 routes and 764 ports worldwide
Trusted by over 2.5 million customers
We arrange over 1.2 million ferry crossings / year
We check up to 1 million prices for our customers daily
The San Domino Termoli ferry route connects Tremiti Islands with Italy and is currently operated by 3 ferry companies. Tirrenia operate their crossing up to 10 times per week, NLG 3 times per day & the Gruppo Armatori Garganici service is available up to 5 times per week.
There are a combined 36 sailings available per week on the San Domino Termoli crossing between Tremiti Islands and Italy and with 3 ferry companies on offer it is advisable to compare all to make sure you get the best fare at the time that you want to travel.
The island of San Domino is located in the Isole Tremiti Archipelago in the Adriatic Sea, and lies just to the north of the Gargano Peninsular. The archipelago is made up of 5 islands: San Domino, St. Nicholas, Cretaccio, Capraia and Pianosa, and collectively, the islands form a commune of Italy's Province of Foggia and form part of the Gargano National Park. The island has been inhabited since the Iron Age (4th - 3rd centuries BC) and the Tremiti islands have been a place of confinement since ancient times. Roman emperor Augustus had his granddaughter Julia the Younger transferred here, where she died after 20 years. The island chain was ruled by the Abbey of Santa Maria a Mare at San Nicolas island during the Middle Ages. The Abbey was supposedly founded in the 9th century by Benedictine Monks from Montecassino. The islands were also used for the detention of political prisoners during the Fascist regime of Mussolini. However, the island's today are a very popular tourist destination who are attracted to the islands' crystal clear, warm, waters. of all the islands in the archipelago, San Domino is the most developed for tourism and has the only sandy beach in the island chain.
The Italian town of Termoli is located in the province of Campobasso, in the region of Molise, and lies on the Adriatic Sea coast. A popular attraction in the town is the 12th century cathedral, located in the town's central square, and is dedicated to St. Mary of the Purification. The cathedral is a wonderful example of Apulian Romanesque architecture and contains relics of the town's two patrons, Bassus and Timoteus. The upper section of the cathedral's facade was destroyed in 1456 by an earthquake and was also damaged by the Turks in 1566. During the cathedral's restoration between 1930 and 1966 the Baroque additions were removed and therefore returned the facade to its original appearance. Part of a pre-existing basilica, built in the 11th century over the original, smaller cathedral called Ecclesia Sanctae Mater, had been found under the facade.
Visitors to the town are attracted to its beaches and crystal clear waters and located within a short distance of the town visitors can reach the hilltowns of Larino, Casacalenda, Montorio and Montelongo which preserve a way of life which seems to be disappearing in other, more developed, parts of Italy.
Termoli is the only port with year-round ferries to the Isole Tremiti.