Ferries from 3325 routes and 764 ports worldwide
Trusted by over 2.5 million customers
We arrange over 1.2 million ferry crossings / year
We check up to 1 million prices for our customers daily
Filicudi is one of eight islands that make up the Aeolian archipelago and is located 30–50 km to the north east of the island of Sicily. The island has a few small villages including Valdichiesa and Pecorini Mare. The island is perhaps best known for the production of wine, olive oil, grain and vegetables. The island's highest point is Monte Fossa Felci which is 774 m above sea level and in the 1990's around three quarters of the island was declared a nature reserve.
Popular with scuba divers, the island has many underwater caves ready to be explored. The "Grotto del bue marino" ("Grotto of the Monk Seal") is not far from the "Rock of Canna" (Scaglia della Canna) and is especially popular with divers who are keen on underwater photography. Boats are needed and can easily be hired in the main port. The “Grotta dei Gamberi” ["Cave of crawfishes"] is inhabited by a considerable amount of small crawfishes, sponges, octopus, moray eels, red and black scorpion fish and groupers.
Ferries from Filicudi can be taken to Milazzo and Palermo.
The Italian town of Milazzo lies on the north east coast of Sicily, to the west of the city of Messina, and is known for its historic village and lovely beaches. There is a fortified citadel and medieval quarters located in the Old Town where many religious buildings can also be found. A popular attraction in the Old Town is the Shrine of St. Francesco di Paola which dates back to the 18th century and was constructed on the site of a former church that dated back to the 15th century. The Shrine's facade has a curvilinear staircase with windows and galleries above the doorway. Inside the Shrine is the Chapel of Jesus and Mary where there is an altar that is decorated with carved and gilded wood and at the centre of which is the 'Madonna and Child' painted by Domenico Gagini (1420-1492).
The newer parts of Milazzo are in the lower town and is largely of 18th century construction. The lower town's centre is the Piazza Caio Duillo, which has to its west the Palazzo Marchese Proto and the facade of the Chiesa del Carmine to the east.