Paros - Kavala is one of our busiest routes - sailings regularly sell out at busy periods
Tip: Don’t wait until it’s too late! Book now to secure your choice of departure time

Why use
Direct Ferries?

Ferries from 3325 routes and 764 ports worldwide

Trusted by over 2.5 million customers

We arrange over 1.2 million ferry crossings / year

We check up to 1 million prices for our customers daily

For more information, please visit our Ferries from Cyclades Islands to Greece page.

Paros - Kavala Ferry Operators

Paros Guide

Located in the Cyclades group of islands, the Greek island of Paros lies in the Aegean Sea, to the west of the island of Naxos from which it is separated by a channel that is around 8 km wide. The island is 160 km to the south east of the Port of Piraeus. Historically known for its fine white marble, which gave rise to the term 'Parian' to describe marble or china of similar qualities, the marble mines and quarries have now been abandoned and can be found around the island. Today, the island's principal source of income is derived from tourism. The capital of Paros, Parikia, is a typically beautiful Cycladic village with whitewashed houses and lovely grand neoclassical mansions. Standing atop a hill in the centre of the village is a 13th century Venetian castle which provides glorious views of the town and surrounding area. There is also an important ecclesiastical attraction in the town in the form of the 6th century Church of Panayia Ekatontapyliani, also known as Katapoliani.

The island's port is also in Parikia and hosts both conventional ferries and high speed ferries. Ferries generally depart to Piraeus and to the other islands of the Cyclades.


Kavala Guide

The Greek city of Kavala is the capital and main port of the Kavala region and is built on the slopes of Mount Symvolo, and is regarded as one of the most picturesque cities in Greece. By analysing the archaeological artefacts found, the city is able to trace its history back to Prehistoric times. The city's original centre was restricted to the Panayia district which has been inhabited since the 7th century BC. At the beginning of the 16th century the city expanded and managed to maintain its new borders until 1870 although the city as can be seen today only really began to form after 1928.

The cities fortunes were in large part a result of its important location, its port and to its natural defences on the peninsular, on which the old city was built. Wandering around the city visitors will be struck by its neoclassical mansions and large tobacco warehouses which are a physical symbol of the city's recent past. In the “Mecca of tobacco” as Kavala was named in the past, thousands of tobacco workers earned their living.

From the city's port ferries operate to Agios Efstratios, Limnos, Lavrio, Kirikos, Chios, Karlovassi, Psara, Vathi and Mytilene.