Ferries from 3325 routes and 764 ports worldwide
Trusted by over 2.5 million customers
We arrange over 1.2 million ferry crossings / year
We check up to 1 million prices for our customers daily
The Italian city of Palermo is located in the north west of Sicily, by the Gulf of Palermo in the Tyrrhenian Sea. The city has a reputation across the world for its history, gastronomy, culture and architecture with a its origins dating back over 2,700 years. Many visitors flock to the city and it has become Sicily's main hub for culture, commerce and tourism. The city's centre has many examples of fine palaces and churches which give way to areas whose way of life doesn't seem to have changed for centuries. This is perhaps most evident in the markets in Palermo, whose Arabic origins can still be seen today thanks to the noise, aromas, colours, narrow streets and with the excellent array of produce on offer and the general 'souk's atmosphere.
From the city's port, ferry services operate to destinations include Genoa, with a crossing time of 21 hours, Civitavecchia, 14 hour crossing time, Naples, 10 hours and 30 minutes, and Tunisia, 10 hours. It is recommended that foot passengers check in 1 hour prior to departure and vehicles 2 hours prior to departure. For all departures to Tunisia check in should be 4 hours prior to departure.
The Italian town of Milazzo lies on the north east coast of Sicily, to the west of the city of Messina, and is known for its historic village and lovely beaches. There is a fortified citadel and medieval quarters located in the Old Town where many religious buildings can also be found. A popular attraction in the Old Town is the Shrine of St. Francesco di Paola which dates back to the 18th century and was constructed on the site of a former church that dated back to the 15th century. The Shrine's facade has a curvilinear staircase with windows and galleries above the doorway. Inside the Shrine is the Chapel of Jesus and Mary where there is an altar that is decorated with carved and gilded wood and at the centre of which is the 'Madonna and Child' painted by Domenico Gagini (1420-1492).
The newer parts of Milazzo are in the lower town and is largely of 18th century construction. The lower town's centre is the Piazza Caio Duillo, which has to its west the Palazzo Marchese Proto and the facade of the Chiesa del Carmine to the east.