Ferries from 3325 routes and 764 ports worldwide
Trusted by over 2.5 million customers
We arrange over 1.2 million ferry crossings / year
We check up to 1 million prices for our customers daily
The Mykonos Kavala ferry route connects Cyclades Islands with Greece. Currently there is just the 1 ferry company operating this ferry service, Hellenic Seaways. The crossing operates up to 1 times each week with sailing durations from around 20 hours 45 minutes.
Mykonos Kavala sailing durations and frequency may vary from season to season so we’d advise doing a live check to get the most up to date information.
Forming one of the Cyclades group of islands, the island of Mykonos lies between the islands of Tinos, Paros and Naxos. The main town on the island, also called Mykonos (or Chora to the locals), has typically Cycladic architecture on display with its white washed houses with painted blue windows, pretty narrow streets and pebble-stoned pavements and small white chapels with sky blue cupolas. Many visitors choose to simply take a stroll through Chora, the old port, Little Venice and the Castle to take in the charm of the town. The island in general has a lively nightlife and is sometimes referred to as the "Ibiza of Greece" as a result of its summer club scene which is a major draw for thousands of tourists each year.
The island has two ports. The old Mykonos harbour is where passenger ferries arrive and the New Port of Tourlos is where mostly cruise ships dock. Ferry services from Mykonos depart to Piraeus and Rafina on the Greek mainland and to the other islands in the Cyclades, the Dodecanese islands and to Crete. Conventional and high speed ferries operate to and from the island.
The Greek city of Kavala is the capital and main port of the Kavala region and is built on the slopes of Mount Symvolo, and is regarded as one of the most picturesque cities in Greece. By analysing the archaeological artefacts found, the city is able to trace its history back to Prehistoric times. The city's original centre was restricted to the Panayia district which has been inhabited since the 7th century BC. At the beginning of the 16th century the city expanded and managed to maintain its new borders until 1870 although the city as can be seen today only really began to form after 1928.
The cities fortunes were in large part a result of its important location, its port and to its natural defences on the peninsular, on which the old city was built. Wandering around the city visitors will be struck by its neoclassical mansions and large tobacco warehouses which are a physical symbol of the city's recent past. In the “Mecca of tobacco” as Kavala was named in the past, thousands of tobacco workers earned their living.
From the city's port ferries operate to Agios Efstratios, Limnos, Lavrio, Kirikos, Chios, Karlovassi, Psara, Vathi and Mytilene.