Ferries from 3325 routes and 764 ports worldwide
Trusted by over 2.5 million customers
We arrange over 1.2 million ferry crossings / year
We check up to 1 million prices for our customers daily
The Lipsi Kastelorizo ferry route connects Dodecanese Islands with Dodecanese Islands. Currently there is just the 1 ferry company operating this ferry service, Hellenic Seaways. The crossing operates up to 1 times each week with sailing durations from around 12 hours 5 minutes.
Lipsi Kastelorizo sailing durations and frequency may vary from season to season so we’d advise doing a live check to get the most up to date information.
The Greek island of Lipsi, also sometimes called Leipsoi, is part of the Dodecanese group of islands. It is located close to the island of Patmos and the island of Leros, and lies to the south of the island of Samos and to the north of the island of Leros. The island can trace its history back to prehistoric times, however, the more modern settlements of the island were founded by a Cretan called Ilias in 1669. The island has a large area that extends to around 16 sq. km, with a coastline of 35 km and around 700 inhabitants, and was officially united with Greece in 1948.
There are a number of things to see and do on the island including the lovely church of Aghios Ioannis, Theologos which is located next to the square of the Town Hall and the Museum. Located within the church there is an icon of Panaghia the Mavri (the Black Madonna) which dates back to 1500. Also on the island is the Ecclesiastical Folklore Museum which contains some ecclesiastical relics and a small archaeological collection. Situated around 1.5 km from Lipsi Town is the Panaghia of Horos which is the only icon in Greece where the Virgin Mary is depicted holding a crucified Jesus in her arms, instead of the infant Jesus which is usually depicted. Both the monastery and the icon date back to around 1600.
Lipsi is well serviced with ferries passing between Patmos and Leros and on the main route for ferries from Piraeus.
Kastelorizo is a Greek island that is the smallest, and perhaps one of the prettiest, of the Dodecanese group of islands. It is located at the most eastern edge of Greece and is sometimes called by its ancient name of Megisti which it retained until the Middle Ages. During this part of the island's history the Knights of St John built Castello Rosso, with its double walls and battlements, on the rocks above the port. It is from this construction that the island now derives its name. In the island's more recent history, the fishing and shipping industries that the island participated in during the 19th century led to the island's wealth grow considerably.
The island's only populated area is in and around the picturesque Kastellorizo village which has two areas - Pigadia and Chorafia - and is characterised by its narrow cobbled alleyways and traditional colourful houses, complete with timber balconies.
Ferries from the port connect the island to Rhodes, Kos, Nisyros, Piraeus, Kalymnos, Symi and Astypalea.