Ferries from 3325 routes and 764 ports worldwide
Trusted by over 2.5 million customers
We arrange over 1.2 million ferry crossings / year
We check up to 1 million prices for our customers daily
The Kavala Agios Efstratios ferry route connects Greece with Aegean Islands. Currently there is just the 1 ferry company operating this ferry service, Hellenic Seaways. The crossing operates up to 5 times each week with sailing durations from around 6 hours 20 minutes.
Kavala Agios Efstratios sailing durations and frequency may vary from season to season so we’d advise doing a live check to get the most up to date information.
Located in the east of Macedonia, in northern Greece, is the city and port of Kavala. The city lies on the Bay of Kavala and is just across from the Greek island of Thasos, and is roughly 160 km from Thessaloniki, 37 km from Drama and 56 km from Xanthi. The city has a rich history and there are many things to see and do whilst there. Dominating the top of the peninsular, where the old city stood, is the Castle of Kavala. Repeated reconstruction work and repairs to the castle's fortifications by the Byzantines, Venetians and Turks has left traces on its walls. In its current form, the castle was built in the first part of the 15th century on a foundation dating back to the Byzantine period. Other sites of interest include Kamares (the old aqueduct) which was constructed in the Roman/Byzantine period, the Imaret and the House of Mehmet Ali in the Old Town square.
From the city's port ferries operate to Agios Efstratios, Limnos, Lavrio, Kirikos, Chios, Karlovassi, Psara, Vathi and Mytilene.
The small Greek island of Agios Efstratios lies in the Aegean Sea and is around 80 km to the north west of the island of Lesbos and 30 km to the south of the island of Lemnos. Located in a valley formed by two dry river beds is the island's only village and is also where the island's resident's had their vegetable gardens before an earthquake struck in 1968. Before the earthquake the island's village was located on the top of a hill, above the harbour, and was made up of stone built two or three storey traditional houses. However, following the earthquake the village's residents were forced to move by the then military government. Some of the old houses have survived and have been restored by some of the island's current residents. One of the surviving buildings, the Marasleios School of 1909 is now home to the Museum of Democracy. Aside from the abandoned village, other popular attractions on the island include the ruins of the ancient city of Agios Minas and the churches of Christos, Agios Nikolaos and Agios Vasileios, built in 1727.
From the island's harbour, ferries depart to some of the island's in the nearby Sporades group of islands including Skopelos, Alonnisos and Skyros. Also, the islands of the North Aegean are connected to Agios Efstratios but via a third island and also are the ports of Thessaloniki, Kavala and Alexandroupoli.