Ferries from 3325 routes and 764 ports worldwide
Trusted by over 2.5 million customers
We arrange over 1.2 million ferry crossings / year
We check up to 1 million prices for our customers daily
Fournoi is an archipelago of small Greek islands that lie between the islands of Ikaria, Samos and Patmos on the North Aegean. The island's main town, also called Fournoi, is also the island's main ferry port. In earlier times Fourni was called Korseon and was the site of pirates. Rich in history, the unspoilt island has many ancient remains located all around the island that date back to the Ionians, Classical and Hellenistic periods. Popular with visitors are the ruins of the ancient temple at Kamari and the remains of dwellings on the sea bed, the Cyclopean wall with traces of an Acropolis on the Hill of Ai Giorgis, the ancient quarry at Petrokopio and the shrine to Poseidon at Agia Triada. The main income source for the island's inhabitants is from fishing, agriculture and farming and of course, tourism. There are a number of beautiful beaches on the island such as Vlychada, Vitsilia, Petrokopio, Elidaki and Bali.
Lipsi is a Greek island that is one of the Dodecanese group of islands and lies between the island of Patmos and the island of Leros. The island, which can trace its history back to prehistoric times, is the largest island among a complex of smaller islands and islets and collectively form part of the Natura network. The island as we know it today was founded in 1669 by a Cretan named Illias and was later officially united with Greece in 1948. Popular attractions on the island include the Church of Aghios Ioannis, Theologos which is located next to the Town Hall and Museum. Contained within the church you can see the icon of Panaghia the Mavri (the Black Madonna) which dates back to around 1500. Also of interest to visitors is the Ecclesiastical Folklore Museum which contains some ecclesiastical relics and a small archaeological collection. Also of interest is the Panaghia of Haros, which dates back to 1600, which is situated around 1.5 km from Lipsi Town and is where you can see the only icon in Greece depicting the Virgin Mary holding the Crucified Jesus in her arms instead of the infant Jesus.