The Napoli Milazzo ferry route connects Italy with Sicily. Currently there is just the 1 ferry company operating this ferry service, Siremar. The crossing operates up to 3 times each week with sailing durations from around 16 hours 15 minutes.
Napoli Milazzo sailing durations and frequency may vary from season to season so we’d advise doing a live check to get the most up to date information.
Prices shown represent the average one way price paid by our customers. The most common booking on the Napoli Milazzo route is a car and 2 passengers.
The Italian city of Naples, or Napoli as it is also called, is located in the Campania region of the country and lies on the Gulf of Naples, on southern Italy's west coast. The city is located in an enviable position between two volcanic areas, Mount Vesuvius and the Campi Flegrei. The Roman ruins of Pompeii, Herculaneum, Oplontis and Stabiae, which were destroyed the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD, are located close to the city as is the city of Sorrento and the beautiful Amalfi Coast. Also located close to Naples are the former parts of the Roman naval facility of Portus Julius, namely the port towns of Pozzuoli and Baia which are both to the north of Naples. The city is adorned with medieval, Baroque and Renaissance churches, castles and palaces and has long been an important centre for the arts and architecture. In the 18th century, Naples went through a period of neoclassicism, following the discovery of the remarkably intact Roman ruins of Herculaneum and Pompeii.
The port of Naples is home to several ferry, hydrofoil and SWATH (Small Waterplane Area Twin Hull) catamaran services, linking numerous locations in both the Neapolitan province, including Capri, Ischia and Sorrento, and the Salernitan province, including Salerno, Positano and Amalfi. Ferry services also operate to Sicily, Sardinia, Ponza and the Aeolian Islands.
The Italian town of Milazzo lies on the north east coast of Sicily, to the west of the city of Messina, and is known for its historic village and lovely beaches. There is a fortified citadel and medieval quarters located in the Old Town where many religious buildings can also be found. A popular attraction in the Old Town is the Shrine of St. Francesco di Paola which dates back to the 18th century and was constructed on the site of a former church that dated back to the 15th century. The Shrine's facade has a curvilinear staircase with windows and galleries above the doorway. Inside the Shrine is the Chapel of Jesus and Mary where there is an altar that is decorated with carved and gilded wood and at the centre of which is the 'Madonna and Child' painted by Domenico Gagini (1420-1492).
The newer parts of Milazzo are in the lower town and is largely of 18th century construction. The lower town's centre is the Piazza Caio Duillo, which has to its west the Palazzo Marchese Proto and the facade of the Chiesa del Carmine to the east.