Kavala to Evdilos Ferry

The Kavala Evdilos ferry route connects Greece with Ikaria. Currently there is just the 1 ferry company operating this ferry service, Hellenic Seaways. The crossing operates up to 1 times each week with sailing durations from around 13 hours 50 minutes.

Kavala Evdilos sailing durations and frequency may vary from season to season so we’d advise doing a live check to get the most up to date information.

Route and port details

Kavala - Evdilos Ferry Operators

  • Hellenic Seaways
    • 1 Sailing Weekly 13 hr 50 min
    • Get price

Average Kavala Evdilos Prices

Prices shown represent the average one way price paid by our customers. The most common booking on the Kavala Evdilos route is a car and 2 passengers.

Kavala Guide

Located in the east of Macedonia, in northern Greece, is the city and port of Kavala. The city lies on the Bay of Kavala and is just across from the Greek island of Thasos, and is roughly 160 km from Thessaloniki, 37 km from Drama and 56 km from Xanthi. The city has a rich history and there are many things to see and do whilst there. Dominating the top of the peninsular, where the old city stood, is the Castle of Kavala. Repeated reconstruction work and repairs to the castle's fortifications by the Byzantines, Venetians and Turks has left traces on its walls. In its current form, the castle was built in the first part of the 15th century on a foundation dating back to the Byzantine period. Other sites of interest include Kamares (the old aqueduct) which was constructed in the Roman/Byzantine period, the Imaret and the House of Mehmet Ali in the Old Town square.

From the city's port ferries operate to Agios Efstratios, Limnos, Lavrio, Kirikos, Chios, Karlovassi, Psara, Vathi and Mytilene.

Evdilos Guide

The Greek town of Evdilos is located in the northern part of the island of Ikaria which lies in the north Aegean Sea. The town, which was amphitheatrically, was only built after 1830 following the end of pirate attacks on the island. The town was the island's temporary capital before Agios Kirikos was declared the capital during the second Turkish Occupation between 1834 and 1912. The town's name means 'visible and freely rendered open horizon'. Today, the town is home to the island's second port and is the centre of the northern, central and western parts of the island. Together with the settlements of Arethousa, Dafni, Karavostamo, Manganitis, and Frandato, they form the community of Evdilos with around 2,400 permanent inhabitants.

The island's terrain is characterised by mountains, lovely rivers and spectacular gorges and is popular with hikers. However, the island also has some lovely sandy and pebble beaches some of which are fairly secluded that are difficult to access, even by car. There is certainly something for everyone on the island.