The Karlovassi Kavala ferry route connects Samos with Greece. Currently there is just the 1 ferry company operating this ferry service, Hellenic Seaways. The crossing operates up to 1 times each week with sailing durations from around 14 hours 10 minutes.
Karlovassi Kavala sailing durations and frequency may vary from season to season so we’d advise doing a live check to get the most up to date information.
Prices shown represent the average one way price paid by our customers. The most common booking on the Karlovassi Kavala route is a car and 2 passengers.
The Greek town of Karlovassi is located on the island of Samos which lies in the North Aegean Sea. Located on the north side of the island, the town has a long history in business and culture. In fact, the town was well known for its tannery and tobacco manufacturing up until the early 20th century. The town's Tannery Museum contains displays that shows the town's long history in tannery which dates back to ancient times. Visitors will see in the museum displays showing the tools and methods of leather processing and the location of many tanneries on the island during the 20th century. For visitors interested in architecture, the town has many neoclassical mansions which can be seen along with the remains of the large stone factories at the "Ormos" seaside.
From the town's port there are many ferry services operating to other islands and also to the Greek mainland. Destinations include Piraeus, Chios, Fournoi, Agios Kirikos, Evdilos, Syros and Kavala.
The Greek city of Kavala is the capital and main port of the Kavala region and is built on the slopes of Mount Symvolo, and is regarded as one of the most picturesque cities in Greece. By analysing the archaeological artefacts found, the city is able to trace its history back to Prehistoric times. The city's original centre was restricted to the Panayia district which has been inhabited since the 7th century BC. At the beginning of the 16th century the city expanded and managed to maintain its new borders until 1870 although the city as can be seen today only really began to form after 1928.
The cities fortunes were in large part a result of its important location, its port and to its natural defences on the peninsular, on which the old city was built. Wandering around the city visitors will be struck by its neoclassical mansions and large tobacco warehouses which are a physical symbol of the city's recent past. In the “Mecca of tobacco” as Kavala was named in the past, thousands of tobacco workers earned their living.
From the city's port ferries operate to Agios Efstratios, Limnos, Lavrio, Kirikos, Chios, Karlovassi, Psara, Vathi and Mytilene.